Gloomy weekend! It has been quite chilly and rainy out, which has left me feeling snoozy and glum. Gen and I did some stuff around the house, I reattached the closet door that he had hulked off its hinges on his way to work the other day. I feel like we got some other stuff accomplished but it just went by so quickly that it is truly hard to say. In any case, it was a good enough weekend around the house, over too soon.
Pizza is a favourite treat around our house, it is often on order for Gen’s birthday and other celebrations when I want to make something special for him. I am not sure I’ve ever made the same crust more than a few times, it’s fun to experiment, find new things that work, and find what doesn’t work. This crust is another grain-free, gluten-free, low-carb pizza crust that is very tasty and a great alternative for those looking to eat pizza with a non-traditional crust. I found that it held up structurally better than the Cauliflower Pizza Crust and is mildly flavoured to not interfere with the amazing toppings.
Chicken Pizza Crust
- 3 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- pizza toppings of choice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor or a blender, combine the chicken and spices. Blend until finely minced.
- Add the cheese, eggs, and coconut flour. Process until well combined into a sticky-gluey batter.
- Spread the chicken mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Use your fingers or a spatula to smooth the batter into an even layer across the sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with your favourite pizza toppings and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted, golden, and bubbly and the crust is cooked through.