I was inspired to create this dip by this recipe of the same name. As I’ve mentioned before, we have been eating a lot of walnuts lately and we had a ton of feta left over from the pizza, so it was the perfect time to try out this dip. I always make a point of making something once before adjusting it. This time, it only took me as long as I mixing it to know it needed some adjustments to be right for me. I’ve done so much to the original recipe that I will be calling it an inspiration rather than an adaptation. The original was good, but was a little much for me, with some changes this dip is rich but also lighter and brighter.
Walnut Feta Dip
Inspired by Princess Misia’s Roasted Walnuts & Feta Dip
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (halves, shelled)
- 2 cups of feta
- a tsp of brine if you want
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemons worth of juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place everything in a food processor and blend into as smooth as possible/as smooth as you’d like. Taste, adjust flavours as necessary (maybe more lemon, maybe some of your favourite herbs).
- Serve with veggies, pita, chips, a spoon.