This was the curry that I made all the time before I discovered my Amazing Curry. Gen used to demand I make it whenever guests came over. It started with chicken, then tofu, then beef. It is adjustable, simple, and easy. It starts with a protein, coconut milk, and green curry paste (I use Cock Brand…). It is so simple and can have any veggies added to it. I typically add broccoli, green beans, red and/or yellow peppers, and a squirt of lime. But I’ve definitely tried brussels sprouts, potatoes, green peppers, carrots, cabbage, asparagus, etc. It is versatile.
I am going to give you the base for this curry and you should feel free to adjust as desired. It is an awesome, easy recipe.
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts cubed /or/ 1.5 lbs cubed beef /or/ 1 block of firm tofu cubed
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste (Cock Brand or whatever you prefer)
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped
- 1 large pepper chopped
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime
- Cube your protein, brown in a large pot with some coconut oil or other favourite oil. Add a tbsp of curry paste to start.
- Pour in your two cans of coconut milk.
- Chop your veggies, rinse the leek clean.
4. Add the leeks and broccoli to the meat and coconut milk. These two take the longest to cook. (If you are using other veggies, make a call on how quickly they will cook through and time them accordingly) ALSO: At this point taste the curry to see if you need to add another spoon or two of curry paste. We worked ourselves up from 1 tbsp to almost 3 over the years.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender-crisp. Add basil and peppers and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
6. Serve over quinoa, rice, steamed veggies, etc. with a squeeze of lime.