This is Kel’s first recipe. I was going to wait until she had a chance to post her commentary on these muffins, but she is a busy lady, and these are the perfect post for a Sunday morning, so here we go! I have had versions of these muffins, and I can assure you that they are delicious, the peanut butter and banana are doing their own delicious thing and then in jumps the chocolate, and well, as you can imagine, it is like a tasty tango. Kel might jump in here at a later point to add her commentary, but I will say that these are yummy.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed, golden brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 large, ripe bananas, mashed-enough for 1-1/4 cups banana
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, both sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter oil, vanilla, and eggs. Pour over dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tin, filling each three-quarters full. Bake until tops are firm to the touch, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; transfer to rack and let cool.