Once again, we’ve come around to making something homemade rather than buying it. The things I prefer to make than buy: Mayo, Eggnog, Taco Spice mix, Dry Rub, Curry blend, Sausage spice, Bacon Jam, Beer Bread, Pita and every baked good ever.
Homemade cranberry sauce can be tweaked to your desire, but really, those freshly burst berries are awesome anyway you go about it. Dollop on a plate piled with Turkey or Tofurkey and your night is set.
- 2 cups cranberries (use wild berries if you can, but those gargantuan ones in the store will do too)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the sugar into the orange juice. Heat until the sugar disolves.
- Stir in the cranberries, and cook uncovered until they begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools, if it seems too thin put it back on the heat for 5 minutes and allow to cool again.