This soup is creamy, buttery, thick, and delicious. I have been on a weird cabbage kick lately and here we go. This soup is awesome and hearty and can be easily veganized by omitting the dairy (or switching for vegan versions), it will still be amazing. The recipe makes a lot so you will have meals for days, or for a group. I served this up with a sprinkle of cayenne and some sausage on the side. You will see I’ve suggested that the cabbage and cauliflower can be any size, the measurements can be adjusted for different amounts of veggies (it’s hard to hunt down a particular size of veggies).
Creamy Cauliflower & Cabbage Soup
- 1 head of cabbage (any size), roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower (any size), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups of chicken broth (or more, to almost cover the veg)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- paprika or cayenne to sprinkle
- In a very large pot melt the butter. Sauté the cabbage over medium-high heat until softened and somewhat translucent.
- Add the cauliflower to the pot, sprinkle with pepper, salt, and cumin.
- Pour the both into the pot until you’ve just about covered the veggies.
- Bring to a boil. Then lower heat and allow the soup to simmer for an hour until everything is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend up the soup until smooth.
- Add crumbled feta and cream to the smooth soup, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve in a large bowl and sprinkle with either paprika or cayenne.