Looking for a quick lunch, I boiled up some eggs, mashed up the yolks with some of my favourites, and ate like a queen! These aren’t the most attractive version of this treat, I was just making it for myself. It is delicious though, and there are many variations of deviled eggs out there, try them all! Make them for lunch, breakfast, appetizers, whatever floats your boat.
- 1 dozen eggs, boiled and peeled (place eggs in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring them to a boil. Turn off the heat and let the eggs sit for 10-15 minutes. Peel, rinse and set aside)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard (I used habanero mustard this round)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (make your own!)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- Slice the eggs lengthwise, pop the yolks out and into a medium bowl. Lay the whites on a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except onions and celery, to the yolks and mash until well combined.
- Stir the celery and onions into the yolk mixture.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the yolk holes in the whites. Feel free to sprinkle with a little paprika before munching down.