Inspired by my friend Caelin and her love of Nom Nom Paleo’s Mini Prosciutto-Wrapped Frittata Muffins, I whipped a batch of my own. They are tasty delights and Genesis and I will be making these again and again. I will make twice as many next time so I can report back on their freezablity. In the meantime these treats are totally Keto-friendly (essentially lacking in many carbs) and Paleo. Cook them up, switch up the veg and enjoy! I marked things that are optional, but really all the veg is totally optional, in that you can option in and out any veg you like.
Bacon Frittata Muffins
- 1 package (250g) of bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchinis (or one regular one), chopped into 1/4-slices
- 4 mini bok choy heads (or a handful of spinach, swiss chard, kale, etc.)
- 6 pickled artichoke heart quarters (not for everyone, again, go with what you have an what you love), chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper *optional
- 1/4 tsp paprika *optional
- Heat oven to 400°F. Have a muffin tin on hand.
- Cook bacon flat in a pan. Don’t cook until totally crisp, but just cooked and still pliable. They will crisp up a bit more in the oven. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté your onions and garlic in the bacon pan until the onions are translucent. Set aside.
- Dice and chop the rest of your vegetables and set aside. Bite sized and smaller chunks are key, these are not fork and knife treats.
- In a large bowl whisk together your ricotta, eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and other desired spices.
- Whisk in your onions and garlic, veggies and stir until well combined.
- Lay your bacon slices into the muffin cups, one slice to go around the edge and chop a piece to cover the bottom.
- Spoon your egg mixture into your bacon cups, if you have extra, make it into an omelet!
- Bake the muffins until they are no-longer jiggly, about 15-20 minutes.