After those wonderful Guinness cupcakes were topped with the mascarpone whipped cream, I had quite a bit of cheese left (I got a little mascarpone enthusiastic). I am not a big fan of pancakes but these turned out fluffy and tender, not too sweet. I topped them with the leftover mascarpone whipped cream and blueberries. Oh yes, and I also stirred in a handful of the tart blueberries for an additional burst of flavour.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup firm, tart blueberries (or whatever berry you love!)
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup of cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together mascarpone, milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined. Add blueberries and stir to just coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly whisk dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, just until smooth and combined.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat with a pat of butter. Spread out the batter in large dollops and cook until golden, flip and repeat.
- Top with mascarpone whipped cream or syrup.