This is another recipe from my mom. It’s easy and tasty and can be spiced up or down, which is great for the wary. Top it with some plain yogurt and you are good to go.
Black Bean and Salsa Chicken
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cubed
- olive oil
- 1 large jar of salsa, your choice of spice level
- 1 large can of black beans (or cook up a cup of dried beans)
- 2-3 jalapeños
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- plain greek yogurt or sour cream for topping
- In a large skillet, over medium-high, cook up the chicken with a drizzle of olive oil. When the chicken is browned and cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Back in the pan mix up the salsa, drained black beans, and the diced jalapeños. Stir in the chicken and let it all cook down for 15 minutes over medium heat. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, top with a sprinkle of cheese and a dollop of yogurt.