Hmm, what do I categorize these as? They aren’t cookies, they never make it that far… but they aren’t officially truffles, hmm. I will ponder on it.
Cookie dough bites have been on my mind since I saw them on Tastespotting, I love cookie dough, more than I love cookies, so they needed to happen. I changed nothing from the recipe, it is just delicious cookie dough heaven. Enjoy!
Cookie Dough Bites
Recipe from Cooking Classy (I only changed the chocolate chips and brown sugar for the things I have on hand/prefer)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped (the idea is to get them to be about 1/2 – 1/3 their original size)
- In a medium bowl, whip together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in cream and vanilla extract. Add in flour and mix just until combined (dough will seem dry at first but it will come together). Stir in chopped chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough out 1 equal tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place on parchment or wax paper.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.