Brown butter rules my life, as mentioned earlier. I am always looking for delicious recipes including this nutty treat.
Adapted from these delicious bites: Brownie Bites
Chocolate-filled Cardamon and Brown Butter Tea Cookies
- the resulting appx 3/4 cup from browning 1 cup of butter, cooled for 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- appx 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cooled browned butter and sugar and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla, and cardamon, and continue beating until combined.
- On low speed, gradually add flour until mixture is no longer crumbly and forms a dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Push a hole in the middle, fill with 5-6 chocolate chips and close dough. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies puff and start to turn light golden brown, and small cracks form on the surface.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 1 minute. Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm and again when completely cooled. Store between sheets of waxed paper in loosely covered container.